Friday, May 02, 2008

I need to share my extreme disdain of dandelions. Only a year ago, I taunted David with the quote from Emerson, that weeds are merely "A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Okay, I admit IT! I was so wrong. I've spent every day this week pulling out these evil little creatures from our lawn. Will I ever be finished undandelioning my yard? (I know that's not a real word)
Not to be totally negative, I have enjoyed the time alone outside, in the sun, wondering at God's creation. That in itself is priceless for me, the notorious time waster. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I admit it. I was wrong too. Dandelions are NOT like yellow lab puppies...those nasty weeds are insidious, and propagate with no thought to anything else but seeing how many of them can spread. Bad, bad, weeds...go away! But I hate the ones with little prickly leaves even more. Good luck de-weeding the yard!

The Egan Family said...

I have battled those exact same weeds, and it is very discouraging! I am impressed with your efforts - I gave up!