Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our first real family vacation!

I am excited to share with all my cyberspace friends and family that the Fogal's finally went on their first family vacation! It only took, what 13 years of marriage. :) Dave's family, the McElwain's (his Mom's side) has a family reunion every two years in Pennsylvania. Now that my baby is five, I figured we could take the adventure of a long car ride. Yes, I know, many of you have done this way before your children were five, but I am a wimp. There, I said it. :) We had such an awesome time with family and the scenery was amazing. So, why do I live in Illinois? J/K...and on our return trip we were able to visit with Dave's Dad and Bonnie. What a wonderful, relaxing time all around. We are truly spoiled to have the family we have.

Ohio wasn't the most exciting of drives, but they did have some of the beauty that I was blessed with in PA.


Isn't the sky amazing?! ...on the way to the reunion.This photo kind of shows that we went uphill everywhere! We just don't have this in Illinois. This is the park that the McElwain/Wallace reunion was held at. Did I mention the family reunion was a birthday theme
They were about to play, "Pin the Nose on the Clown".
Dave and his Aunt Lois...his Aunt Janet is right behind him. I was so bad, I don't have any good photos of all the family. :(
A water fight....
The champion!

Benjamin was very excited when he begged Dave to race him down the hill...

...coming back up...as you can see, Benjamin doesn't think it's such a good idea anymore.
GASP! I actually posed for a photo

I know it's tiny, but this is Jarrod practicing pitching to Dave.
Look at my handsome hubby!
Park scenery...
Jarrod and Jack, getting ready for a cupcake eating contest...
We're so proud, Jarrod was the winner, and here's a video of the event!



Here is pilot Dave, driving us up to his Mom's childhood home, where his aunts, Chick and Janet still live. :) Crazy, winding roads! Very beautiful scenery.
There are these mirrors on the curves so you can see who is coming. I had to close my eyes most of the time between motion sickness and fear!
This bridge gave me the willies! I don't think you can see just how narrow it was...

Isn't God's creation gorgeous?!
Here we are, the McElwain homestead!
Jarrod, right away, found the climbing tree! And as you can see, Jack had to make an appearance too!

Jack, running as usual! He's our energizer bunny.

Leave it to Benjamin to find all the "other" uses for a wiffle bat.

Back at the hotel....


Benjamin is beating Jarrod up!
What a mean big brother! J/K, Jarrod and Benjamin getting along very well.
...some of the beauty of Ohio.


I am pretty sure the boys were getting tired of car rides by this time!

We say goodbye to Ohio, hello Indiana!
Fun in Grandpa and Gramma Bonnie's pool!


This is right before we left Grandpa and Gramma Bonnie's house. We had such a wonderful time with them. I wish we lived closer!

No comments: