Please humour me as I share this little story. We were in the car driving home from small group this evening, and Dave and I overheard this conversation. Jarrod and Jack had just finished a night of AWANA.
Jarrod: "I am really a bad runner. I can't do games at AWANA because I can't run fast. I could play if they included jumping or climbing."
Jack: "Jarrod, you are a good runner!"
Jarrod: "No. I'm not."
Jack: "You shouldn't say that, you are good!"
Jarrod: "No...."
Jack (interrupting): "Jarrod, stop underestimating yourself, you ARE a good runner..."
I know this sounds like a silly thing to share, but it touched my heart. Especially since they weren't talking to us...we were evesdropping! Our Jack is such an encourager. This is only a tiny example of how sweet and wonderful he is. I pray that he continues to maintain the loving and sensitive heart God has gifted him with!
1 comment:
Besides being very sweet, it's amazing that he knows the word "underestimating"!!! He must have a great teacher. :) -Blythe
Post a Comment