Have any of you thought about your purpose? Do you have a written purpose statement for your life? This was brought to my attention last night at my weekly Bible study. We are going through the book, "Calm My Anxious Heart", by Linda Dillow. If anyone is looking for a good, challenging read, I recommend you pick it up. But anyway, last evenings chapter was on living a life guided by a purpose statement. If you know me well I do not possess a goal driven personality. I take life as it comes and lean on God for the day to day. Honestly, I've always liked that about myself...that I am not a high stress person. After last night, I am rethinking my lackadaisical attitude. How many opportuities have I missed by just floating along in this world?! Are there things that God wants me to do that don't happen in my everyday?
I am far from having my purpose statement worked out, but I do know that one phrase really stood out to me from last night...I want to cherish and inspire my husband. I haven't always been very intentional in that area. I love David, and I DO cherish him...I'll have to figure out how to be an inspiration!
All my boys are doing well! Being a good mom will definitely be part of my statement. :) We are in the midst of a Pokemon obsession. Pray that Dave and I make it through, just like we did with all the others we've had the past 10 years! 3rd and 1st grade are quickly flying by! Each day I look at Jarrod, Jack and Benjamin and am amazed at who each unique person God is growing them.
1 comment:
I'm interested to see what you decide on for your purpose statement. I sort of have one, but it keeps evolving...
Post a Comment