Sunday, December 16, 2007

Goodbye Buddy!

Jarrod and I would like to pay tribute to Buddy the hamster. She came to live with us on his 7th birthday. 2 1/2 years ago. She was a sweet black puff ball, who never bit anyone. We loved watching her run in her ball and eating carrots that were snuck to her. Once she escaped her cage, climbed down two flights of stairs and hid in Dave and my bedroom. Boy did she scare us to death that night!!!

Buddy went to "hamster heaven", sometime early this morning. Unfortunately, she'll be awaiting burial, until the ground thaws. I have her tucked in a nice little box in the corner of the garage...is that wierd?! I wish I had a better photo, but if you can't tell, she's lying upside down in her tube in this shot. (I never said she was particularly bright) She will be missed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jarrod! "Pikachu" the hamster used to spend most of the night out in the house, because Patrick would forget he had her on the couch, and she'd wander off. Rich and I would hear just the tiniest of noises at 2 in the morning, and here'd be the hamster in the middle of our floor, and back to her cage she'd go!

Tracy