Tuesday, December 11, 2007

2007 and the Fogal's!

Well, seeing as I recently sent out the 2007 Christmas card of the Fogal Family, I better give you eager card readers something to read! (Since I shamelessly advertised our blog on the card…)

2007 saw us spend one year in our home in Lombard. We’ve settled in quite nicely, and there are only a couple unpacked boxes of misc. “junk”, hiding around the house.

Benjamin Ryne is now 3 and ½ years old. He is my lover boy. Loves his brothers, mommy, daddy, Thomas the Tank Engine…blanket! I can’t tell you how many times a day I hear, “Huggey, huggey!” only to be enveloped in a giant Ben embrace. I am going to enjoy this little stage as long as I possibly can. He is also our son that loves to help. He helps me fold clothes, load the washer, rake leaves, shovel snow, mow the lawn… Such a sweetheart. We don’t know why, but he has recently asked us to call him Benji. Sadly, mom refuses to refer to her baby by the name of an 80’s movie dog.

Jack David is 6 and ½ years old. He continues to be the happy, smiley child who knows no stranger. Without exaggerating, I can say he smiles 90% of his life. He is also physically active 90% of his day. If only his energy could be bottled and passed around! This year, Jack told Dave and I that he would like to grow up to be a missionary, though recently he said he’d also like to be a doctor. I was happy to inform he could do both. He’s made many new friends this year, and I’d be chastised if I didn’t tell you that his favorite new friend is Joli. He is doing very well in the first grade. I am constantly amazed at how quickly he learns. God has big plans for our little man.

Jarrod Isaac turned 9 on September 11th and is in the third grade. I am having a hard time believing I could have a child who is so old! He is very much the oldest child, loves to be given responsibility. Jarrod is quite the grown-up. He has thrived in soccer and made lots of new friends. Anyone who has read, “The Five Love Languages”, will know what I mean when I say he is very quality time! If I am in my room folding clothes or making the bed, I am almost certain to be joined by Jarrod just wanting to talk, or fill me in on his latest Pokemon knowledge. He’s even begun going on my daily walks. While I get excited hugs from Ben, I am learning to enjoy the surprise attack tackles and head butts that Jarrod showers me with! I know he loves us! He loves to read Frank Peretti books with Dave, and enjoys the Bible memorization Wednesday-night clubs and Awana requires of him.


Dave and I just celebrated our 11th anniversary in August. Time sure has flown! We both continue to be involved at Lombard Bible Church in children’s ministries and small groups. (When I say small groups, I mean Dave ministers and I do support!) My husband is very gifted and has an amazing heart for others. Dave continues to support his family by working for Moody Bible Institute in Human Resources. He occasionally is given opportunities to preach at church or at Beacon Hill, a local retirement community. He also participated in his first 3K in May and came in second for his age bracket, 3rd over all. I think that's pretty good for a first attempt! I continue to home school Jarrod and Jack. It can be tough at times, but the rewards are amazing. I love watching my boys learn new things and mature. I don’t know what next year will bring, but we’ll enjoy our time together right now! I’ve been blessed with good friends and a loving family! Oh, and for those who don’t know, I got a niece this year! Her name is Hope. Pink has officially entered our lives.

May each and every one of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May God shower you with his presence and His blessings!

1 comment:

Donnie and Blythe said...

This was so fun to read! Your family sounds so blessed.