Monday, October 22, 2007

Now why is that in the Bible???

Every Monday, the boys and I do a more in depth devotional time before we begin our week of school. Today, the devotional we use asked me to read from Genesis 9:8-17, which tells how God gave us the rainbow as a tangible expression of His promise to never destroy the life on earth by water (again). I had a brain malfunction and instead read Genesis 9:18-27, the story of Noah getting intoxicated and passing out in the nude, only to have his sons discover him and cover him up. As you can imagine, my 6 and 9 year olds had a field day! Now they keep asking me why such a thing would be in the Bible. I was so embarrassed...you think I'd have stopped reading and double checked the reference, but nope, didn't do it. I just told them to wait for Dave to come home and ask him. I'll have to let you know what his answer is!

1 comment:

Donnie and Blythe said...

That's pretty funny! I'm reading through Gen. right now, and there are so many stories about sin woven in with the stories about obeying God. I think it's to show us that even "Bible heroes" were sinners who needed a Savior. But you could just tell your boys that Noah's clothes were in the washing machine that day!